Ensure strong and genuine First Nations partnerships
What we want to achieve by 2050
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are true decision-making partners in resource projects taking place on Country, and are realising economic benefits as equity partners, owners, and operators.
- The resources industry will continue to recognise, protect and conserve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultural heritage through strong partnerships and meaningful engagement.
What we will do to achieve these goals
Meaningful engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples must be supported by:
- recognition of the value of shared decision making
- respect for each community’s unique and diverse cultures, knowledge, history, rights, and interests
- willingness to work with First Nations communities to achieve their aspirations within the sector.
Actions to ensure strong and genuine First Nations partnerships
These actions encourage lasting partnerships between the resources industry and First Nations individuals, communities and project proponents.
Read through the list below, or view the full list of actions for every key focus area in the plan.
Last reviewed 28 March 2023