What we do
We have a clear purpose - helping the community and the government make the best use of our renewable and non-renewable land, mineral and energy resources.
Partnerships with our customers and stakeholders are important to us, as we work to deliver policies, programs and services that support industry while reflecting the needs of the broader community.
Our strategic objectives are:
- Optimised use of land resources of the state
- Increased and diversified private sector investment in georesources
- Innovation driven to unlock our data’s potential
- Great careers: a contemporary workforce set apart by its expertise, innovation, collaboration and leadership
- Positive stakeholder and public sentiment on all of our policies, programs and people
- Our obligations are met.
Read our strategic plan (PDF, 206.5KB) for further details.
With over 1500 staff (full-time equivalent), we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where individual differences are respected; diverse skills and knowledge are valued and utilised; and opportunities are available for all. It is our goal to ensure our workforce represents the community we serve.
How we work is just as important to us as what we do, and therefore we operate under the following guiding principles:
Our organisational chart (PDF, 104.7KB) shows our senior management and structure.
We have offices in the Brisbane CBD and throughout regional Queensland. See our contact section for details.
Last reviewed 25 May 2022