Graduate Excellence Program
2025 Graduate Excellence Program
Applications for our 2025 Graduate Excellence Program will open in September 2024.
The Graduate Excellence Program is a 12-month structured leadership development program that enables you to build on your university studies and launch your career in a supportive environment.
The program offers challenging and rewarding opportunities with real responsibility and accountability. It includes a mix of on-the-job experience and formal training workshops to complement and expand on what you are learning in your daily work and assist you in your transition from study to full-time employment.
In addition to the formal learning and development, you will receive coaching and mentoring from a robust support network of leaders and graduate alumni.
- A competitive salary that increases after 12 months, and includes up to 12.75% employer superannuation contributions plus leave loading.
- Generous leave provisions, including up to 5 weeks paid recreation leave (depending on location), 10 days sick leave and flex days.
- Work-life balance with a 36.25 hour working week.
- Flexible work such as work from home opportunities, work from distributed work centres (different to your primary workplace), compressed hours, different start/finish times, part-time hours and flexitime.
- A supportive, inclusive, and respectful departmental culture where you can bring your true self to work.
- Discounted fitness membership programs, free employee assistance program, and other health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Study and research assistance schemes to help you with further study.
- Access to unlimited accredited online learning programs and on-the-job learning and development opportunities to enhance your professional growth.
- Participate in training workshops for a comprehensive learning experience.
Degrees we recruit
We recruit graduates from a range of degrees including (but not limited to):
- Data analytics/science
- Engineering (particularly mining, mechanical and petroleum)
- Environmental science
- Environmental management
- Information technology
- Spatial information/technology
To be eligible for the 2025 Graduate Excellence Program you must:
- have completed at least an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor degree), or higher
- have completed your degree between 1 January 2022 and the start of the program in Febraury 2025
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and have permission, under Commonwealth law, to work in Australia (Note: International students who have a valid visa that enables them to work in Australia without any work restrictions are also eligible to apply)
- pass a criminal history and employment check (these will be completed as part of the recruitment process).
Contact the friendly Recruitment team via RecruitmentHR@resources.qld.gov.au if you have any questions.
2024 Graduate Excellence Program
Applications for the 2024 Graduate Excellence Program have closed.
Congratulations to our 2023 graduates!
Our 2023 graduate cohort have now completed their Excellence Program and we celebrated their achievements at a ceremony in November. Some graduates have already accepted position within the Queensland Government.
Other entry-level opportunities
Other entry-level roles (classified as PO2 and AO3) are advertised throughout the year on the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers page.
- Last updated
- 12 January 2024
- Last reviewed
- 29 November 2023