Ministerial Advisory Group
A Ministerial Advisory Group has been established to monitor, guide and advise on the implementation of government and industry actions and expectations in the Queensland Resources Industry Development Plan (QRIDP).
The group will provide strategic advice to support the progression of actions in the plan and ensure emerging policy and reforms continue to be developed in collaboration with industry and community. The group will also be the key mechanism to ensure ongoing engagement with industry and community to help achieve the ambitions of the QRIDP.
The group consists of a core membership of representatives from government and from resources industry peak bodies, chaired by the Minister for Resources. Other stakeholders will be invited by the Chair to join the advisory group as rotating members, where the focus or location is relevant. They may include, but are not limited to, local government, industry, community, First Nations people and academia.
Membership consists of:
- Chair: Minister for Resources
- Standing members
- Mark Cridland, Director-General, Department of Resources
- Shaun Ferris, Deputy Director-General, Department of Resources
- Ian Macfarlane, Chief Executive, Queensland Resources Council
- Sarah Gooley, Director, Queensland, Association of Mining and Exploration Companies
- Joshua O'Rourke, A/Director, Queensland Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Stephen Durkin, Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Rotating members
- Other stakeholders and government representatives invited by the Chair.
Read the terms of reference (PDF, 135.4KB) for the QRIDP Ministerial Advisory Group.
The inaugural meeting was held on 21 October 2022 in Townsville. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 4 April in Mackay.